Oliver and Morgan discuss their favorite father/child songs, whether it be duets, a father’s song about a child, or a child covering their father’s music. Happy Father’s Day! Stay safe and tell us about your dad’s favorite records.
- Michael Kiwanuka: Love & Hate
- Michael Kiwanuka: Rest
- Michael Kiwanuka: Cold Little Heart
- Michael Kiwanuka: Father’s Child
- Donny Hathaway: The Ghetto
- Take 6: Some Day We’ll All Be Free
- Lalah Hathaway: A Song For You (Live @ Singapore Jazz Festival)
- Loudon Wainwright III: Rufus Is A Tit Man
- Loudon Wainwright III: The Days That We Die
- Babyface: The Day (That You Gave Me A Son)
- Earth. Wind & Fire: You & I
- Earth, Wind & Fire: That’s the Way of the World
- The New Holiday’s: Maybe So, Maybe No
- Doja Cat: Say So
- Cate le Bon: Are You With Me Now?
- Gil Scott Heron: Rivers of My Fathers
- Ed OG & Da Bulldogs: Be a Father to Your Child
- Ed OG & Da Bulldogs: Be a Father to Your Child (Remix)
If you’re not already subscribed to Heat Rocks in Apple Podcasts, do it here!
About the show
Hosted by Oliver Wang and Morgan Rhodes, every episode of Heat Rocks invites a special guest to talk about a heat rock – a hot album, a scorching record. These are in-depth conversations about the albums that shape our lives.
Our guests include musicians, writers, and scholars and though we don’t exclusively focus on any one genre, expect to hear about albums from the worlds of soul, hip-hop, funk, jazz, Latin, and more.
New episodes every Thursday on Apple Podcasts or whatever you get your podcasts.
Subscribe to our website updates for exclusive bonus content (including extra interview segments, mini-episodes, etc.)
Meanwhile, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on social media:
How to listen
Stream or download episodes directly from our website, or listen via your favorite podcatcher!
New? Start here...
Liked EP143: Father’s Day Special? Listen to these next...
The best way to support MaxFun shows is by becoming a member…
Our shows are made by hand for you, and we appreciate your decision to give back to us.Start a membership →