We continue our Comfort Music series with Oliver and discuss his five favorite comfort albums. We talk about the often overlooked genius of Labi Siffre, the intimacy of Duke Ellington’s compositions, and how Tribe helped Oliver get through the tough times.
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong: April in Paris
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong: Isn’t This A Lovely Day?
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong: Under a Blanket of Blues
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong: The Nearness of You
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong: Moonlight in Vermont
- Duke Ellington: Solitude
- Duke Ellington: Where or When
- Duke Ellington: Willow Weep For Me
- Labi Siffre: Gimme Some More
- Labi Siffre: I Got The…
- Labi Siffre: Cannock Chase
- A Tribe Called Quest: Electric Relaxation
- A Tribe Called Quest: God Lives Through
- A Tribe Called Quest: Award Tour
- Frank Ocean: Pink + White
- Frank Ocean: Nikes
- Frank Ocean: Seigfried
- Frank Ocean: White Ferrari
Here is the Spotify playlist of as many songs as we can find there
If you’re not already subscribed to Heat Rocks in Apple Podcasts, do it here!
About the show
Hosted by Oliver Wang and Morgan Rhodes, every episode of Heat Rocks invites a special guest to talk about a heat rock – a hot album, a scorching record. These are in-depth conversations about the albums that shape our lives.
Our guests include musicians, writers, and scholars and though we don’t exclusively focus on any one genre, expect to hear about albums from the worlds of soul, hip-hop, funk, jazz, Latin, and more.
New episodes every Thursday on Apple Podcasts or whatever you get your podcasts.
Subscribe to our website updates for exclusive bonus content (including extra interview segments, mini-episodes, etc.)
Meanwhile, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on social media:
How to listen
Stream or download episodes directly from our website, or listen via your favorite podcatcher!
New? Start here...
Liked EP135: Comfort Music #2 Oliver’s Picks? Listen to these next...
The best way to support MaxFun shows is by becoming a member…
Our shows are made by hand for you, and we appreciate your decision to give back to us.Start a membership →