Alex Schmidt is joined by comedy writers/podcasters Andrew Ti (‘Yo, Is This Racist?’, Sub-Optimal Pods) and Moujan Zolfaghari (‘Mission To Zyxx’, ‘Tooning Out The News’) for a look at why glitter is secretly incredibly fascinating.
Visit http://sifpod.fun/ for research sources, handy links, and this week’s bonus episode.
LINKS FOR THE GUESTS:
- Sub-Optimal Podcasts
- See Andrew Ti and Tawny Newsome LIVE at SF Sketchfest on February 4th.
- Andrew Ti on Twitter
- Tooning Out The News (Paramount Plus)
- Mission To Zyxx
- See Moujan Zolfaghari LIVE in “The Female Gaze” at Caveat NYC on February 16th.
RESOURCES USED TO INFORM THE EPISODE’S LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
- U.S. Department Of Arts And Culture
- The True Native New Yorkers Can Never Truly Reclaim Their Homeland (Smithsonian)
- Mapping Manahatta: 10 Lenape sites in New York City (6sqft)
- “Finding Lenapehoking” (YouTube / Hudson River Maritime Museum)
- What Is Glitter? A strange journey to the glitter factory. (The New York Times)
- ‘Endless Thread’ Drops a Glitter Bomb On The Great Glitter Mystery (WBUR)
- Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist on Glitter, Scotch Tape (New York Magazine’s The Cut)
- The History of Glitter (Vice)
- Glitter: A Brief History (New York Magazine)
- 15 Shimmering Questions About Glitter, Answered (Mental Floss)
- Lead and Cadmium Could Be in Your Dark Chocolate (Consumer Reports)
- Science Explains Why Glitter Sticks to Absolutely Everything (Popular Mechanics)
- Glitter is an environmental abomination. It’s time to stop using it (The Guardian)
- What is Cellulose? (Purdue University Nanoforestry)
- Glitter-Bombing: A Sparkly Weapon Of Disapproval On The Campaign Trail (NPR All Things Considered)
- Sometimes a Milkshake Is Just a Milkshake (The Atlantic)
- How Mayan Temples Glittered (World Archaeology)
About the show
A weekly podcast about the history, science, lore and surprises that make everyday things secretly incredibly fascinating. Hosted by comedy writer, emoji creator, and ‘Jeopardy!‘ champion Alex Schmidt. Join Alex & his co-host Katie Goldin for a joyful deep dive into seeing the world a whole new way!
How to listen
Stream or download episodes directly from our website, or listen via your favorite podcatcher!