Ann files suit against her husband, Stephen. When they travel, Ann wants to keep a regular sleeping schedule to avoid grogginess. But, Stephen thinks the point of vacation is to relax! He wants the flexibility to sleep in. Who’s right? Who’s wrong? With Summertime Funtime Bailiff Monte Belmonte!
SUBMITTED BY ANN
“Here’s an abbreviated list of sleep hygiene recommendations from the National Sleep Foundation”
– Limit daytime naps to 30 minutes.
– Avoiding stimulants such as caffeine close to bedtime.
– Exercising to promote good quality sleep.
– Steering clear of food that can be disruptive right before sleep.
– Ensuring adequate exposure to natural light.
– Establishing a regular relaxing bedtime routine.
– Making sure that the sleep environment is pleasant. “Bright light from lamps, cell phone and TV screens can make it difficult to fall asleep, so turn those light off or adjust them when possible.”
Huge thanks to Summertime Funtime Bailiff Monte Belmonte for joining us this week! Catch Monte’s radio show at WRSI The River here! And if you are in the Turners Falls, MA area, make sure to visit the Shea Theater. If you’re there on September 30, you won’t want to miss Monte and his psychic friend at the Shea Theater, bringing the return of The Psychic and the Skeptic!
Judge Hodgman’s newest book Vacationland is available for pre-order at bit.ly/painfulbeaches. You can also read more of the Judge’s thoughts regularly in his Judge John Hodgman column in the New York Times Magazine.
Thank you to Stephen Lipenta for suggesting this week’s title! To suggest a title for a future episode, like Judge John Hodgman on Facebook. We regularly put out a call for submissions.
About the show
How to listen
Stream or download episodes directly from our website, or listen via your favorite podcatcher!