Wait didn’t we do this movie before? Don’t be ridiculous. That was Marmaduke (2010) this is Marmaduke (2022). How could you possibly have mixed that up? Anyway, this ain’t your daddy’s Marmaduke, provided you have a very young daddy (in the case of the previous film) or a very old daddy (who loves the comic). This is the animated one for Netflix, with Pete Davidson as the titular Duke of Marma. Does it make the previous one look like the Citizen Kane of Marmaduke films? Kinda!
Also, for those wishing to enter the SEXY XENOMORPH VIDEO CONTEST, here is a direct link to the isolated song file for the song of the winter, Sexy Xenomorph. Contest rules can be found down below, if you prefer reading them with your eye-holes over hearing them with your ear-holes.
Movies recommended in this episode:
Ever tried Microdosing? Visit Microdose.com and use FLOP for 30% off + Free Shipping.
Sexy Xenomorph Contest: Full Rules —
- To enter the contest, make a music video for the song Sexy Xenomorph (link to song in show notes) in a style of your choosing.
- Once you’ve completed your masterpiece, upload it as a public video on YouTube with the words “Sexy Xenomorph” somewhere in the title, and be sure to credit the music to Howell Dawdy’s Fast Track and The Flop House podcast somewhere in the video or video description.
- Once the video is uploaded, email a link to us at email@example.com with the subject line “Sexy Xenomorph Contest.”
- We’ll be accepting entries up to midnight on New Year’s Eve, 2022.
- Once we have all the entries, the Flop House gang will pick our favorite ones – somewhere between 5 and 10 depending on how many entries we get – and we’ll set up a page on our website where people can vote on who wins.
- The winner will get a Flop House prize pack and will get to pick a movie for us to cover.
About the show
The Flop House is a bimonthly audio podcast devoted to the worst in recent film. Your hosts (Elliott Kalan, Dan McCoy, and Stuart Wellington) watch a questionable film just before each episode, and then engage in an unscripted, slightly inebriated discussion, focusing on the movie’s shortcomings and occasional delights.
How to listen
Stream or download episodes directly from our website, or listen via your favorite podcatcher!