In this episode, Ben Blacker interviews Deborah Kaplan & Harry Elfont (Mary + Jane, Can’t Hardly Wait) regarding their dead pilot, Tuned. You’ll also listen to live table read of Tuned, performed by some of today’s funniest comedic actors.
Come to our next live show on 11/12 starring Patton Oswalt and David Koechner in scripts by Rob Schrab and Adam McKay & Chris Henchy. Ticket link: http://www.largo-la.com/event/1551266-dead-pilots-society-starring-los-a…
- Daniel Strauss as Nate
- Allison Tolman as Penny
- Retta as Olive
- Jim O’Heir as Arlen/Dr. Singh
- John Ross Bowie as Glenn
- Kate Flannery as Deena
- Tawny Newsome as Jennica/Female cop/Patient/Nurse/Crowd
- Maria Blasucci as Natalie Morales/Other driver/Patient/Nurse/Crowd
- Matt Micucci as Oscar/Scott/Penny’s date/New Yorker/Patient/Nurse/Crowd
- Joel Spence as Doorman/Ken/Hal/New Yorker/Ned/Cab Driver
- Christina Kirk as Bonnie
- Janina Gavankar as Tina/New Yorker/Patient/Nurse/Crowd
- Andrew Reich with Stage directions
About the show
In Dead Pilots Society, scripts that were developed by studios and networks but were never produced are given the table reads they deserve. Starring actors you know and love from television and film, a live audience, and a good time in which no one gets notes, no one is fired, and everyone laughs. Presented by Andrew Reich (Friends; Worst Week) and Ben Blacker (The Writers Panel podcast; co-creator, Thrilling Adventure Hour).
How to listen
Stream or download episodes directly from our website, or listen via your favorite podcatcher!