The best part of the Maximum Fun Drive is, of course, the thank you gifts. Here’s a list of these amazing treasures just waiting to be claimed by new donors. These gifts typically go in the first few days of the pledge drive, so give quickly if you want them. There’s almost certainly something here you can’t live without. Click through for a full list.
To get a thank you gift, pledge at ten dollars or more a month, and indicate your top three preferences, in order, in the field provided. We can’t promise you’ll get your first choice, but if past experience is a guide, you should get one of your picks.
- The Best of Wholphin: DVD Magazine of Rare of Unseen Shorts courtesy of McSweeney’s
- The Hold Steady – A Positive Rage Live CD/DVD courtesy of Vagrant Records
- Louis C.K. – Chewed Up DVD courtesy of Michael O’Brien Entertainment
- Bill Burr – Why Do I Do This? DVD courtesy of Michael O’Brien Entertainment
- Brian Regan – The Epitome of Hyperbole DVD courtesy of Michael O’Brien Entertainment
- Tommy Tiernan – Something Mental CD courtesy of Michael O’Brien Entertainment
- Mitch Hedberg – Do You Believe in Gosh? CD courtesy of Michael O’Brien Entertainment
- Team Submarine – Corectamundo CD courtesy of Team Submarine
- Music Triple Pack – Three CDs of our choice from our pile of random promos. Includes lots of great artists like Morrissey, Dan Deacon, Bonnie “Prince” Billy and more.
- The Chris Farley Show: A Biography in Three Acts by Tom Farley, Jr., and Tanner Colby courtesy of Penguin Books.
- What Would Keith Richards Do?: Daily Affirmations from a Rock ‘N’ Roll Survivor by Jessica Pallington West courtesy of Bloomsbury Publishing.
- FreeDarko Presents The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac: Styles, Stats, and Stars in Today’s Game by Bethlehem Shoals, Dr. Lawyer IndianChief, Silverbird 5000, Brown Recluse Esq., and Big Baby Belafonte courtesy of Bloomsbury Publishing.
- Bad Cop: New York’s Least Likely Police Officer Tells All by Paul Bacon courtesy of Bloomsbury
- I’d Rather We Got Casinos: And Other Black Thoughts by Larry Wilmore courtesy of Hyperion Books
- Mock Stars: Indie Comedy and the Dangerously Funny by John Wenzel courtesy of Speckpress
- Requiem for a Paper Bag: Celebrities & Civilians Tell Stories of the Best Lost, Tossed, & Found Items From Around The World courtesy of Fireside Books
- Mr America: How Muscular Millionaire Bernarr MacFadden Transformed The Nation Through Sex, Salad, and The Ultimate Starvation Diet by Mark Adams courtesy of Harper Collins Publishers
- Love, Mom: Poignant, Goofy, Brilliant Messages from Home by Doree Shafrir & Jessica Grose courtesy of Hyperion Books
- The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook by Joshua Piven and David Borgenicht signed by David Borgenicht courtesy of Chronicle Books
- Sneaker Freaker: The Book courtesy of Riverhead Books
- The Ball is Round: A Global History of Soccer by David Goldblatt, courtesy of Riverhead Books
- Gorillaz: Rise of the Ogre, courtesy of Riverhead Books
- The Brief & Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (Audiobook) by Junot Diaz, courtesy of Riverhead Books
Plus two special gifts for donors at the $20, $100 or $200 level:
- John Hodgman pack, featuring More Information Than You Require, the audiobook of Areas of My Expertise, John Hodgman Hobo Chalk and More Information Than You Require taxonomy of knowledge poster
- George Saunders pack, featuring a signed & numbered limited edition chapbook of Saunders short fiction, “A Bee Stung Me, So I Killed All The Fish,” plus George Saunders merchandise.